“Being a good man is something you do, not something you are” Much like this quote, everyone has their own definitions and perceptions of what a good man or a gentleman should be like. With increasing number of men aspiring to be gentlemen every day, the actual concept of becoming one is yet to be disclosed. To help you out and give you the necessary insights, here are the 15 classy quotes for good men you should read right now.
- “Live your life in such a way that you neither hide nor have a wish to display your life to people.” – Leo Tolstoy.
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain.
- “The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better.” – John Dewey.
- “There is nothing noble being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” – Ernest Hemingway.
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine.
- “It is part of a good man to do great and noble deeds, though he risk everything.” – Plutarch.
- “You’re not broken. You’re perfect. And when you get to get away from these kids, you might finally have a good man.” – Ashley Newell.
- “A gentleman will open doors, pull out chairs, and carry things. Not because she’s helpless or unable, but because he wants to show her that she is valuable and worthy of respect.” – Charles J. Orlando.
- “A real man won’t date the most beautiful girl in the world – he will date the girl that makes his world beautiful.” – Unknown.
- “If the decisions you make about where you invest your blood, sweat, and tears are not consistent with the person you aspire to be, you’ll never become that person.” – Clayton M. Christensen
- .“Our brains have the ability and capacity to continue learning for the majority of our lives. If we can just keep pushing forward, the answers to life will present themselves.” – Phillip Crone.
- “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey.
- “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” – William Shakespeare.
- “If you perform the sacrifice of doing your duty, you do not have to do anything else. Devoted to duty, man attains perfection.” – Bhagavad Gita.
- “Once you’re calm and fit, you have everything worth having, as the rest just comes and goes.” – Naval Ravikant.
When it comes to becoming a good man, there would be some societal pressure and expectations due to which you might feel low. These 15 inspirational quotes for good men will show you a ray of hope and help you to lift your spirit in the dark times.