When we seek finance and capital investment advice, people bombard us with numerous instructions and suggestions that result in confusion. Great investors in the fields of shares, stocks, and investment have provided us with the right knowledge of past and present situations in the market. Such quotes for investing by the best investment minds such as Warren Buffet, Benjamin Graham, Peter Lynch, etc., offer us a different perspective on how to play in the long run and save for the future.
We have gathered together the top 20 quotes for investing that you should know before you start investing.
- “The four most dangerous words in investing are: ‘This time it’s different.’”—Sir John Templeton
- “The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets”—John D. Rockefeller
- “In business, I look for economic castles protected by unbreachable ‘moats’.”—Warren Buffet
- “Time in the market beats the timing in the market.”—Ken Fisher
- “Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die of euphoria.”—John Templeton
- “The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.”—John Kenneth Galbraith
- “Cash is a fact, profit is an opinion.”—Alfred Rappaport
- “Buy cheap and sell dear.”—Benjamin Graham
- “Markets are constantly in a state of uncertainty and flux, and money is made by discounting the obvious and betting on the unexpected.”—George Soros
- “In the long run, a portfolio of well-chosen stocks and/or equity mutual funds will always outperform a portfolio of bonds or a money-market account. In the long run, a portfolio of poorly chosen stocks won’t outperform the money left under the mattress.”—Peter Lynch
- “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”—Warren Buffet
- “Index investing outperforms active management year after year.”—Jim Rogers
- “Equity mutual funds are the perfect solution for people who want to own stocks without doing their own research.”—Peter Lynch
- “The big money is not in the buying and selling. But in the waiting.”—Charlie Munger
- “An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and an adequate return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative.”—Benjamin Graham
- “Do not save what is left after spending but spend what is left after saving.”—Warren Buffet
- “When interest rates are low, we have conditions for asset bubbles to develop, and they are developing at the moment. The ultimate asset bubble is gold.”—George Soros
- “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.”—Rob Arnott
- “Don’t look for the needle in the haystack, just buy the haystack!”—John C Bogle
- “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.”—Dave Ramsey
Saving money is a good thing, but investing and managing it is really hard and critical. A strategically designed investment plan helps strengthen your financial condition. Whenever you feel confused about investing, our top 20 quotes for investing will guide you to find the way out. These quotes for investment will definitely grow your knowledge in trading and investment.