September 11 was a black day for the greatest nation and brightest beacon of freedom—America. People around the world, especially citizens of America will always bear in mind this history-altering and life-changing event that shattered the world as a whole. Building and strengthening the nation was a tough row to hoe, however, great leaders managed to lift the country with their transformative approach and vision. In this blog, we will enlighten you about the most powerful 9/11 quotes that have reclaimed the spirit of unity.
- “What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is our ability to mourn people we’ve never met.”—David Levithan
- “Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.” —Former President Barack Obama
- “September 11, 2001, revealed heroism in ordinary people who might have gone through their lives never called upon to demonstrate the extent of their courage.”—Geraldine Brooks
- “On that terrible day, a nation became a neighborhood, all Americans became New Yorkers.”—George Pataki
- “When Americans lend a hand to one another, nothing is impossible. We’re not about what happened on 9/11. We’re about what happened on 9/12.”—Jeff Parness
- “I will never forget seeing what hate can destroy… I will never forget seeing what love can heal…”―Steve Maraboli
- “It was as if real life had been canceled for the day.”―Jennifer Weiner
- “And I am consumed with love for all of it the everydayness of bravery of hate of fear of tragedy of death and birth and hope”―Lucille Clifton
- “If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.”―Sandy Dahl
- “The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead, we have emerged stronger and more unified.”—Rudy Giuliani
A kind word for everybody actually can make people’s lives better, especially in difficult times. Handling the deadliest terrorist attack was very difficult and perplexing as it was a matter of nation-spirit building. Here, encouraging words by great American personalities played a huge role and strengthened the community. We hope that this blog with the strongest 9/11 quotes has paid tribute to those who lost their lives and uplifted the morale of one and all.