We are here to discuss some motivational and thrilling spy quotes that will take your mind into an entirely different world. We all love to read and watch stories based on spies, especially James Bond. Every spy story portrays the real life of a secret agent where they conceal their identity, and perform a series of investigations to unravel the truths and secrets. Secret agents/spies are considered of very high value and are an asset for the law enforcement department of every country. They are the ones who protect the country by risking their own lives without even receiving any kind of recognition or fame.
Below are some famous spy quotes that will help you gain invaluable insights into the life of a spy–
1. “You can’t be a real spy and have everybody in the world know who you are and what your drink is.” – Roger MooreA spy is supposed to keep his identity secret from everyone including family/friends, for the mission to succeed. He cannot let anyone know that he is a spy or is undercover.
2. “Spies are a most important element in water, because on them depends an army’s ability to move.” – Sun TzuSpies work on a mission and the information gathered by them will be the foundation for future actions.
3. “For decades to come the spy world will continue to be the collective couch where the subconscious of each nation is confessed.” – John le CarreSpies work undercover to find hidden information and dark secrets that are not easily accessible.
4. “I know people like to read about serial killers and spies, but most of us will never encounter these things.” – Paula HawkinsEveryone in the world is fascinated about reading and watching movies of spy agents. However, since special agents are always in disguise, no one can ever encounter a real spy.
5. “He was a secret agent, and still alive thanks to his exact attention to the detail of his profession.” – Ian FlemingA secret agent needs to be very attentive and observant in keeping his identity secret along with gathering secret information. If at any point someone finds him suspicious, he could lose his life.
6. “There aren’t enough secrets to go round anymore. Some spies are having to invent secrets in order to earn a living.” – Shelagh DelaneySpies work on undercover missions for which they have to invent a fake identity.
7. “Spies are, by nature and necessity, pathological liars who strive to make their endgames justify their meanness.” – Stewart StaffordWhile working undercover, spies are required to tell a lot of lies and even behave in a mean/rude manner to uncover the truth. But, at the end of it, they do this for the bigger purpose of helping the country.
8. “Since real spies are so good, you never really know what actual spying is. But I do think spying is a lot more dangerous than we are led to believe.” – Richard ArmitageNo one can ever know about the truth and struggles of a real spy as they cannot reveal their identity ever to anyone. What we see or hear in movies about spies is just a basic information. There is always more than we can see.
9. “Spies go to bars for the same reason people go to libraries: full of information if you know where to ask.” – Michael WestonWhenever we need to find information on a particular topic, we go the library and search in a particular section. Similarly, spies go to bars and other secret places to gather secret/hidden information that they require related to that mission.
10. “Waiting. Like it or not, it’s a skill all spies have to master eventually.” – Ally CarterThe most important skill for a spy is to be patient. Until and unless the spy has gained trust of others, he will not be able to extract useful information for the mission.
11. “A spy, like a writer, lives outside the mainstream population. He steals his experience through bribes and reconstructs it.” – John le CarreThe way a writer describes a story by imaging and identifying himself as the main character, a spy changes his identity to gather information and work on the mission.
12. “Spying is always an expensive method of acquiring information.” – Muriel LesterA spy changes his identity, stays away from friends/family, and risks his life to gather information regarding a mission.
13. “Spying is like a game of chess: Sometimes you have to withdraw, sometimes you have to sacrifice one of your own pieces to win.” – John Rhys-DaviesThere are many times when spies get involved in their imaginary life or face consequences in their real life.
14. “The life of spies is to know, not bee known.” – George HerbertSecret agents/spies are never required to reveal their true identity.
15. “Don’t mention your move before you make a move.” – Amit KalantriFor the success of the mission, a spy must never disclose his plans and actions.
The World of Espionage
We hope that these thrilling spy quotes have given you some useful and interesting insights about the life of a spy. At some point in our lives, we all have one role model or a motivating factor that encourages us to become like them. Did the aforementioned spy quotes motivate you enough to become a secret agent?