Rober Norman Ross known as Bob Ross was born on October 29 in Daytona Beach, Florida. Bob Ross was a well-known art instructor, American painter, and television host.
Ross was the founder and host of a pedagogical television program, The Joy of Painting, that aired from the year 1983 to 1994 in Canada and the United States, Europe, and Latin America. In 1961 he was put into assistance as a medical records technician after he enrolled in the United States Air Force.
Throughout his 20-year Air Force journey, Ross grew a taste for painting after showing up at an art class at the Anchorage U.S.O. club. He came across a TV show titled, The Magic of Oil Painting, presented by Bill Alexander, a German painter. Alexander instructed a painting technique in the TV Show that allowed him to complete a painting in a little time of 30 minutes. Ross was motivated by this show and started selling Alaskan paintings painted on the inside of novelty gold-mining sheets. Ultimately, Ross retired as a master sergeant from the Air Force in 1981. He came back to Florida and learned painting under the guidance of painter Alexander. He entered the “Alexander Magic Art Supplies Company” as a tutor and traveling salesman.
After a while, Bob Ross hosted the television show, The Joy of Painting, in which Ross taught styles for landscape oil painting, evolving into a painting supervisor for the masses. He pursued his passion and evolved into a painting supervisor that made every episode look like a one-on-one painting session. He motivated people to take responsibility for their inaccuracies, to be more gentle, and to be grateful for the little joys of life, turning his art lessons into life lessons as well.
Even after he passed away on July 4, 1995, at the age of 52, Ross is still an internet celebrity, with his beloved fans on YouTube and many more platforms.
Here is some remarkable Bob Ross quotes to honor the great man :
- “Look around. Look at what we have. Beauty is everywhere, you only have to look to see it.”
You need to look at the positive side and if you change the way you look, appreciate the beauty in life, be grateful for it then you find it everywhere.
2. “I really believe that if you practice enough you could paint the ‘Mona Lisa’ with a two-inch brush.”
Practice is the key, that what Bob Ross quotes reminds you. As they say, Practice is the mother of all skills and what makes the man perfect.
3. “You can do anything here, the only prerequisite is that it makes you happy.”
Whatever you decide to do, rule No. 1 should always be that it makes you happy because life is better that way.
- “Anytime you learn, you gain.”
Learning should never come to an end, it never exhausts your mind, you gain knowledge every time you learn. Stay Curious, keep learning, and keep growing.
- “The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.”
The magic lies in believing in yourself, believing in yourself means you are halfway there. What you can believe, you can achieve.
- “We don’t laugh because we feel good, we feel good because we laugh.”
Laughing a little more was, is, and will always be the best therapy for your mind and body. Be with people who make you laugh and be someone who makes people laugh.
- “Any way you want it to be, that’s just right.”
Never be fearful of what you are doing, the way you want things to make you happy, that’s just the right way.
- “If you do too much, it’s going to lose its effectiveness.”
Doing too much will result in forgetting its value and would create a problem that didn’t even exist.
- “Don’t forget to tell these special people in your life just how special they are to you.”
Always take time and never miss an opportunity to let people know how much they mean to you
- “Every day is a good day when you paint.”
Bobb Quotes are full of positivity just like that painting relieves you from the world’s heaviness and makes you feel lively and positive every day you paint.
- “You can do anything you want. This is your world.”
The world belongs to you, shape it how you want, and make the best out of it. Do whatever inspires and makes you happy.
- “Didn’t you know you had that much power? You can move mountains. You can do anything.”
You have the power to bring a change, the potential in you is never-ending. You are here to do great things and you will.
- “You can have anything you want in the world, once you help everyone around you get what they want.”
As our beloved Anne Frank said, no one has ever become poor by giving. Be kind, be gentle to everyone you meet, lift people. You don’t need a reason to help someone.
- “People might look at you a bit funny, but it’s okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different.”
Artists are unique and creative. People find them different from others but there is nothing wrong with it, that’s beautiful.
- “There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.”
Those are pleasant surprises that we call mistakes. You only get lessons and grow through them.
- “All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind.”
The right perspective, proper resources, and some guidance is more than enough to paint the canvas however you like.
- “Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you’re willing to practice, you can do.”
Bob Ross quotes made us realize the importance of practice. Skill comes from consistency, practice every time you get a chance, it is a learning process.
- “I can’t think of anything more rewarding than being able to express yourself to others through painting.”
What you can’t express in words, you can say through Art. It is a language in itself.
- “We’re gonna make some big decisions in our little world.”
Decisions are difficult to make but not worrying about the downside, take those strong decisions because that is what decides your destiny in this world of ours.
- “You need the dark in order to show the light.”
Before you appreciate the light you need to know the darkness as it is something that will show you the light.
- “In your world, you can create anything that you desire.”
Create the life you wish for, for this is your world. You hold in your hands the future of your world.
- “As long as you are learning, you are not failing.”
You can keep learning and you’ll keep rising. No failure while you are learning. Always believe that you can learn something from someone.
- “It’s the imperfections that make something beautiful, that’s what makes it different and unique from everything else.”
Imperfections mean authenticity. It is what makes things real. Deal with your imperfections unapologetically, it is the true essence of beauty.
- “Whatever makes you happy, you put in your world.”
We start living in the present, doing what makes our soul happy, and makes our world a happier place to be in.
- “It’s life. It’s interesting. It’s fun.”
This journey of life is the most fascinating one with all the up’s and down’s, high’s and low’s, success and failure. Live it to your fullest!