Although the word “Biotechnology” was first used in 1919, we have been using biotechnology for many thousands of years in ways that are completely uncontroversial. Beer and cheese! When you’re drinking a cold beer on a hot day or eating a delicious cheese sandwich, you can thank biotechnology for the pleasure you’re experiencing. That’s right! Biotechnology or biotech is the application of science and engineering to the direct or indirect use of living organisms. It has been part of daily life and it will continue for generations. Recognizing how crucial it is, we bring you some Biotechnology quotes that encapsulate its need for the world.
Nowadays in the news, you can read a lot about biotechnology and the controversies around it. And perhaps you ask yourself, what it is exactly? Or just read below the 12 Biotechnology quotes to understand its potential of the enormous human leap.
1. Feeding the world will be one of the greatest challenges of the 21st century. It will be impossible without using scientific advancements and biotechnology. – Mike Pompeo
2. What biotechnology has enabled us to do is eliminate toxic pollutants and petroleum-based products before they ever make it into our atmosphere, streams, or landfills. – Brent Erickson, BIO.
3. I am proud to recognize and celebrate the innovative products and technologies made by the men and women of the biotechnology community that are helping to increase the environmental sustainability of our planet for generations to come. – Jim Greenwood, BIO President & CEO.
4. Agri-biotechnology…is one of the key forces to promote food security, social progress, and economic prosperity in the world. – Hepeng Jia, Science Communicator, China.
5. Personalized medicine is out there and it is on us by leading in bioanalytical services that clients can trust to deliver high-quality data, rapid turnaround, and unparalleled customer service. – Mike Suga, President & CEO, CMIC, Inc.
6. The biotechnology wave is similar to the information technology wave of the 1980s and 1990s. – Dietmar Hopp
7. Alcohol, tobacco, and pharmaceutical drugs are legal, but they can hurt a lot of people. – Ziggy Marley
8. I think the biggest innovations of the 21st century will be at the intersection of biology and technology. A new era is beginning. – Steve Jobs
9. The rewards for biotechnology are tremendous – to solve disease, eliminate poverty, age gracefully. It sounds so much cooler than Facebook. – George M. Church
10. As Biopharma accelerates towards real cures and prevention of diseases that have burdened human society for centuries, it will directly increase human potential around the globe. – Ales Stranger, CEO, BIA Separations
11. If we can get biotechnology traits, we may be able to turn wheat around. – Dale Schuler
12. I have seen first-hand that agricultural science has enormous potential to increase the yields of small farmers and lift them out of hunger and poverty. – Bill Gates
13. Investments in agriculture are the best weapons against hunger and poverty, and they have made life better for billions of people. – Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
14. Science and technology coupled with improved human capital have been powerful drivers of positive change in the performance and evolution of smallholder systems. – Food & Agriculture Organization Of The United Nations
Beer, bread, cheese, and more, are all produced using biotechnology. From manufacturing antibiotics to regenerating an entire organ through stem cells, biotechnologists hope for a better future. In this way, biotechnology offers the hope of revolutionizing medical treatment.
The brief overview through biotechnology quotes, we have jumped from making bread to making human organs. It’s clear that these modern practices raise many controversial issues. However, despite the debate, we can imagine that biotechnology has been around for many years, it will still be around for some time to come. But who knows where it will take us?